- To determine the rate of spread of binder (cutback bitumen).
- Balance of capacity 2kg and sensitivity 0.1gm.
- G.I. Trays of size 30 x 30 x 2.5cm 2 Nos.
- Kerosene or benzene.
- Record the base area (A) and the initial weight (W) of each fray.
- Place the trays on the spraying I tacking zones in such away that they are clear from the tyre zone during the run.
- As soon as the sprayer passes over the fray remove and record the final weight of the fray (W1).
- Determine the net weight of the binder in each fray (W1-W).
- Make at least two determinations for each test.
Rate of spread of binder = w1—w/A
- Report the individual and the mean results in kg/m2 to the nearest second decimal.
RATE OF SPREAD OF BINDER
|Description||Test I||Test 2|
|Weight of empty tray (gms)|
|Weight of tray + Cutback (gms)|
|Weight of Cutback (gms.)|
|Tiay size (sq.rn)|
|Rate of spray ( kg / 10sq.m)|
|Average Rate of spray (kg/10sq.m)||–|
| rime Coat – 6.00-9.00 kg/l0m2
Specified Limits 2.50-3.kg’/m2 (Granular surface) –
– Tack Coat –
200-2.50kg/10m2 (Bituminous surface)